Text Widget

You don't take a photograph, you make it.” ~Ansel Adams

Friday, 19 August 2016

Joy!!!

Last year, I thought I was hallucinating when I saw a hummingbird feeding from one of my hanging flower baskets.

I did some research and learned there are, in fact, hummingbirds this far North in British Columbia....but they are rare.

Well, I was on a mission...

Since winter thaw, I have been providing fresh nectar every 4 days. I grew intentional flowers and placed them near a bird bath I clean every day.

A little green hummingbird started showing up at the beginning of July.

Slowly, I introduced my presence closer and closer to the feeder and flowers. Then me with my camera and huge lense.

Friends, I would like to introduce you to Mr. Peter Hummingbird.






The last photo tells me he was quite aware I was watching him..

What amazing creatures.

Featured on GlobalBC News. Thank you, Global!!

Post a Comment